Sucker Punch

Last week, I manage to watched this movie that I've been waiting since last year when they roll out the poster of Blondie. Yes, for 2011, I would change the format of my review to a simple version rather than `karangan' style



Director: Zack Snyder (the guy who also involve in upcoming Superman movie)
Who's in it: Emily Browning, Vanessa Hudgens, Abbie Cornish, Jamie Chung, Jena Malone
What's it about: Locked against her own will and framed for a murder she didn't commit (usual stuff), Babydoll (Browning) turns to her new friends to devise a plot to escape from the mental institution by, get this, her imagination (more or less like Inception).
Why I like it: Guns, bombs, flying kicks and visually-pleasing effects; the film doesn't get better than this. Best to watch all that on the on 2D or 3D. Plus it's Zack and he can do whatever he wants; even if it means dressing five hot girls in scintillating outfits (I really like this)
Why I don't: About the plot, there's nothing visionary about it as I don't see the punch albeit the `Sucker Punch' for the title. I must said that it has terrible storyline as some of the story has been cut-short maybe to give the way for the imagination of Babydollm but brilliant effects.Pity

Verdict: I still give this film a spin for its dramatic direction, albeit the careless plot. We reckon Zack should just stick to directing and leave the storywriting to others. Anyway just enjoy the all-round-slow-motion-effects. Nuff said
Rating: 2.5 out of 5 (maybe extra 0.5 for the girls)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What banks that you prefer?