Project X-Sabertooth - Monster is born

On the weekend after my 1 week on job assignment at Abu Dhabi, me and my friend has set the time to start the project that I've been planning since the beginning of the year and saving for it since last year. The Project X-Sabertooth.

At first the plan was to opt for my friend old mobo (motherboard) which is from LGA 775 chipset from Asus but after much thinking and also considering that this monster need to sustain for another 3 - 5 years I opt for i7 chipset instead. These project comprise of 4 stages as follows:


Stage 1 (end of April)
System set up where I need to gather and list down all the components that suit to my budget but also powerfull enough to handle future upgrades and yes 5 years of usage. For this one, all the set up has been completed as follows:

Intel i7 960 3.2 Ghz LGA 1366
Asus Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 motherboard (this how the project got its name)
Kingston 6GB DDR3 1600 CL9 Hyper-X (2GB x 3)
Western Digital 2TB (64 MB) SATA HDD
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Toxic 1 GB DDR5
Samsung Optical DVD-RW SATA 24X Optical Drive
Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W PSU
Cooler Master HAF-X 942 Black Full Tower Casing (transparent side panel)
MS Windows 7 Home Premium (Retail Pack 64-bit)

and yet one my my friend said that this was a low-mid-end setup....sigh

these are the component for this project..yeah low-mid-end damn-it!
This set-up cost me about RM 4.3k without the monitor

Stage 2 (May)
For this month, the planning was to buy the 3 monitors that will enable me to use the Eyefinite function from the GPU (Graphic Processing Unit) but when look at the budget, I will just buy 1 monitor 1st and I will post the picture later.

Update: I've already purchased a Full HD LED 

For this 2nd stage also, I'm planning to get a good pair of 2.1 speaker (2 satellite speakers and a sub woofer) which either from Altec Lansing, Klipsh, Corsair or Creative...and depends on the budget. As far as space is concern and I don't have a computer table to lay the monster, I will also need a table for it to sit. I'm thinking IKEA..cheap and reliable..hmmm ok kot?

Stage 3 (June onwards)
For the third stage, after deliberating with my friend and do some research, I'm thinking to replace the stock CPU and GPU fan with Water Cooling (WC) system. This project will cost me another RM 2k and to choose either normal EK, Swiftech and Bitspower product or import the WCs product from either Koolance or Aquacomputer. Anyhow, I will post on this specifically in future post.

Stage 4 (end of 2011 onwards)
After all the WCs has been set-up, I'm planning to do some upgrading in term of GPU (CrossFireX) and also increase the memory. At his stage, overclocking will be the main reason for the WCs setup. This also will be cover later.

Why I'm posting this...because Imma geek and i like to share with others and get your feedback...

Aummmm....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What banks that you prefer?